Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Blues & Pinks


Hello there!  This has been one heck of a start to the year, with one storm right after the other.  I have had to postpone getting together multiple times with my Mum to celebrate Christmas (CHRISTMAS!) and it's FEBRUARY.  Sorry, Mum.  Our schedules & the weather will cooperate sometime soon.

I have at least found time to make art for the exhibit at S.P.A.C.E.  This is "Atrophy,"  colored pencil on black gessoed paper.  It was quite a challenge working on black, there are things I'll try to remember for my next attempt, but overall I am pleased.


"HeART Attack!" is this February's exhibit theme.  Dropping off work today I saw soft-sculpted yet absolutely mouth-watering chocolate cakes, crazy textured paper pieces, and would have stayed longer to peer into more packages, but the snow (surprise!) was coming down hard and I wanted to get back.  It's going to be a great show, once again, and the weather looks like it might be fair.

Here's a peek at the Bear cards I just made for Valentine's day, or any occasion, really.  They're available at S.P.A.C.E. and Artists' Mediums too (while supplies last.)  Carving the block was a nice stress release...
Getting ready to print

Finished cards!  Hot off the (hand) press!




No comments: