Monday, June 16, 2014

Cards, eggs, and washing chickens

After watching the chickens roaming around this afternoon, I realized some of them needed a feather-cleansing...in the posterior regions.  So I donned the rubber gloves, got out a basin and proceeded to give several VERY ANNOYED ladies a splashy bath time.  I won't say it was a great success, but it was an improvement.

After that nonsense, I got back to the main goal of the day:  photographing my greeting cards and posting more illustrated eggs for my Etsy shop.  Click on the photos to be taken to the actual listings.

I love the bird feet here.  Bird King (Detail)  Illustrated Egg, ©2014 Kristin Richland
She could be a spooky ancestor!Vampire Lady & Cyclopean Fruit (front)  Illustrated Egg, ©2014 Kristin Richland

Here's what awaits you on the back of that same egg...Vampire Lady & Cyclopean Fruit (back)  Illustrated Egg, ©2014 Kristin Richland
Five card designs uploaded today!  Headed to A Party, 5x7 greeting card©2014 Kristin Richland

Also, I've been busy making notes for my "Unlock Your Inner Creature" drawing class next month. Seven out of eight spots have been filled which is very gratifying.  I'm having fun looking through my stack of sketchbooks (and adding to my latest one) all the while paying attention to just HOW I come up with creatures.

No comments: