Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Diaspora!

Well, this has been a busy week and it's only Tuesday. 

On Sunday I managed to do a quick install of some originals & prints at the Deborah Rawson Library, but lo, the shelving brackets confounded me in my pursuit of a well-balanced display.  Of course I managed to be attempting this when Pete & Karen Sutherland (arguably the most well-known folk musicians in VT) were trying to set up in the same room.  Yikes!  Hopefully I'll have a chance to get back and adjust the shelf this week. 

Yesterday saw the shipping off of "Buzzy Will Guide You" to a friend I've known since at least the first grade, who now resides on the other side of the country. 

And this evening, I hand-delivered "Mode de Monstre" (the original 6 paintings in the series) and "City Wear" (also from the M. d. M. series) to a dear friend who is also an artist. 

Sadly, there are only so many hours to each day.  The advent calendar project has gotten side-lined again, but there may be hope.  And preparations are still underway for this weekend's:

PINE STREET
(arts district) HOLIDAY OPEN STUDIO & SALE! 

(it's hilarious, I think more words are added to the title of this event every time I hear about it from someone!) 
Well, you'll see me there at #4 Howard Street at Studio D-3, once again a guest of Marie Davis & Carol Norton, hurrah!  Fellow Underhiller Anne Linde will also be there with her cards & small sculptures.
The show will run:
Friday December 11th 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
&
Saturday December 12th 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

There are some really fine & amazing artists & craftspeople in this district, it's an honor to be invited once again.  Hope to see you there!
(And don't forget to stop into S.P.A.C.E. to see the Small Works show.)

No comments: