Sunday, February 21, 2010

Acrylic Underpaintings

Acrylic Underpainting Techniques
Free demonstration at Artists' Mediums, Williston, VT
Saturday February 27th, 2010
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. 
In preparation for this weekend's demonstration, here's a peek at at least one image.
As usual, I've made a huge list of things I want to show, namely different grounds and techniques for applying them.  Colored pencil on watercolor canvas, colored pumice grounds, etc.  A pile of samples is currently building up by the door.  I also am working on a more complex piece in grisaille, based on Arkonbey's original sketch.  I haven't quite captured the original expressions yet.  But some of the shadows overall are pretty decent.  

More images to follow as we go!

Listening to while posting:  My Maudlin Career

No comments: