Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The trees along the path

Walnut Ink sketch June 20, 2011 ©Sweet Enemy Art

Thanks to Arkonbey and some Indian Roast coffee, I've actually been experiencing some nice mornings out in the garden.  On Monday, when I didn't have to be to work until lunchtime, I took my beloved walnut ink out to the garden area and did this sketch, about 9" x 10".  This is perhaps the first real "plein air" piece I've worked on in years.  

I must say, it's a good idea to work monochromatically when you're faced with a bazillion* little pieces of information.  Especially a monochromatic medium that is easily correctable.  

*bazillion is apparently not a made-up word, or this spell-check is more forgiving than I thought.

I'll have the Walnut Ink out at the shop on Tuesday July 19th from 4-5:30 if you are in the area and want to stop in and try your hand at it.  Gorgeous stuff. 

No comments: