Monday, September 3, 2012

Great things happening this weekend!

In the past, I'd always have mixed feelings about my approaching birthday.  Sure, it was a time for party cake and sweet loot, but it also meant the beginning of the school year.  I was not the sort of kid who got excited for school to start.  So, despite the involuntary chills I still get whenever I see the school buses roll by, I am excited this year for my birthday for reasons other than sweet loot.

This year, my birthday falls smack-dab into the middle of Art Hop!

Art Hop is the biggest art party I know of in Burlington, and this year is their 20th in existence.  So I was a mere 16 years old when it first happened.  In those days, I wasn't a social butterfly by any means.  I had my circle of friends (who put up with me) and tended to be shy around most others, especially in class.  At least that's how I remember it...  But this year it's a full-on socializing event!

It'll be one long weekend of celebrating, as this year I'm also in a new location, my beloved SPACE GALLERY.  The schedule so far is as follows;
Friday September 7th:  11 a.m. to 11 p.m. (Art Hop officially begins at 5, but the gallery is open earlier)
Saturday September 8th:  10 a.m. to 11 p.m.  BIRTHDAY!
Sunday September 9th:  11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

I'm sharing a studio space with printmaker & painter extraordinaire Justin Atherton, and for the entire month of September our work will be on display there.  The gallery is open regularly Thursday through Saturday 11-4.

Here's a little peak at what my table looked like last night, and two pieces by Justin.  I'll have some more preview posts as the week goes on.

See you then!
A table full of art, and this is just some of it...
Sweet Enemy Art all over the place, getting ready...
Justin Atherton!

More Justin Atherton!

No comments: