Sunday, December 16, 2007

Art sold at art sale

Despite the frigid temperature and impending storm, there was a great turnout yesterday for the Pine Street Holiday Open Studio Sale. I had previously written that it was "off the beaten path of Burlington shoppers," but how wrong I was! The number of studios in the vicinity drew a good number of people throughout the day.

The studio I was invited to is shared between three women: Marie Davis (polymer clay), Ginny O'Reilly (watercolor) and Carol Norton (oils and watercolor.) In addition to Ginny, Carol and myself, two other artists were there for the day: Ann Linde (cards and small plaster figures) and Melinda (twig/bark/wool creations) It's a wonderful space with great light and creative atmosphere.

I had a total of 28 pieces between the small matted paintings and the framed work on the wall. Several matted pieces sold, which was a great treat.

Many thanks to Ginny & Carol for inviting me in the first place, to Rick for helping tremendously, and thank you to everyone who came through and stopped to check out the work and have a chat.

(And a quick note about the portfolio link: Rick is working on a new style design for it, and I will soon have some new images up as well.)

No comments: