Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer Idylls

The image “http://gem.win.co.nz/mb/misc/ar/flags/saflag_forever_small.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
In the last few days, my free time has been delightfully squandered in the reading of Swallows & Amazons and Swallowdale, both by Arthur Ransome. Arkonbey, my ever-understanding (or enabling) husband, has purchased the first two of the series, after hearing my reaction to the first, found at the library.

The laptop is still creaking along, not too slow, actually, just so loud! Either way, I've probably spent far too much time on it, but in doing so I discovered a link I'd forgotten to post.

I had two pieces selected for the Flight Fur& Felines juried show, which showed at the Bryan Memorial Gallery in Jeffersonville, from May 22 - July 19th.

Lizard with Sandwich was one of the pieces selected for the display page!



Also take note of the fine rabbit(title: "Just Resting") by my friend Karen Witt.


Arkonbey's photo of Kermit at Brant Lake also made it into the show. First show he's entered since Meca! (Arkonbey posted about his piece ages ago, but then he's more timely than I in such matters.)

Lastly, here's a great resource I just heard about: the Vermont Art Zine
Just like back in school, I find myself more attracted to the work of sculptors than the work of fellow painters. Not that I don't like the paintings! The creation of some of my favorite work is quite mysterious to me, and I view it with fresh eyes, whereas I look at a painting and get hung up in the technical aspects of it.
While some of my favorite sculptors work with the figure, I also appreciate the abstract. Last time down in Brandon, I dropped into the Brandon Artists' Guild with Mewsea, and fell in love with some sculptures done in alabaster. Should I ever have a disposable income... But I suppose I should look up the name of that artist first.



No comments: