Monday, July 7, 2008

Maybe something a bit happier

How about something a bit more cheerful this week?
We've been visited by a crazy selection of birds lately: hawks, new chickadees, goldfinch pairs, something that goes "brap" at me and might be a nuthatch, and today two broods of turkeys with their moms. And I'm still hearing the hermit thrush on quiet evenings. A most fantastic sound that I am in love with.

Tonight however, the music in the studio is drowning out most of that. I'm creeping closer to the finish line on "Frog in the Forest" after staring at it perplexed for way too long.
Another piece I've gotten myself into is Frog related again, but that's being done as a trade so I won't post it until it's in the recipient's hands. And it's going well enough I may get it professionally scanned.

Our 4th was excellent, by the way. We had AndreZero & Carol over, and there was much eating and drinking. As usual! I couldn't have asked for better weather--it's really been amazing up here.

Listening to while posting: Four Ton Mantis by Amon Tobin
(and thank you, auto-save function)

No comments: